Monday 30 April 2012

DIY Prom Dress


So this is my first post! I thought I would write about one of my first DIY clothing projects. This is my prom dress that I wore to my 6th year prom, the dress when I got it was plain and had some detail at the bottom. When I got it I wanted to add some more detail so headed to my local haberdashery and bought some ribbon, trimmings, sequins and decorated my dress to make it more interesting. I made a belt with ribbon and fastened it with a flower and sewed trimmings on the top of the dress and lastly sewed some detail and sequins on the bottom. It was my way of making a prom dress that I liked without the price tag. Sorry I have searched and don't have any before pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments and if you want to follow each other or you want me to check out your blog then just leave the address!